More of 10 Years of research
The FIR - MED project, started in 2008, further to 15 years of researches on organic compounds analysis by infrared optical fiber, performed by glasses and ceramics team from the University of Rennes 1.
This work, conducted in collaboration with “iron and liver team” INSERM U991, helped to point out the relevance of the infrared fiber spectroscopy for tumoral or cirrhotic tissues analysis, and monitoring the development of bacteria.
DIAFIR was created in June 2011, to promote those results.
The convenient Infra Red
DIAFIR develops innovative systems based on chalcogenide fiberglass, a special glass with unique properties including infrared light transmission.
These glasses, biocompatible and hydrophobic, are ideal for the production of biosensors or probe that allow detecting changes in metabolic compositions.
Mid-infrared analysis was previously reserved for research due to its implementation and interpretation complexity. Henceforth it becomes a tool accessible to non-specialists and for the benefit of patients and users.
DIAFIR offers the power of the Infrared analysis to the routine biological diagnosis.
DIAFIR technology benefits
Adapted to clinical practice
- A single use sensor, protecting operators and patient from cross-contamination.
- No sample processing is necessary, just a simple contact with the fiberoptic.
- Very fast result, in a few minutes.
- No knowledge or training in optics and / or infrared signal processing required.
- Software analysis that is operator independent.
- Minimally invasive test that requires a contact with 1 mm² of tissue or 10µl of liquid only.
- Our sensors provide optimal sensitivity in the 2 to 12µm wavelength range.
- Thanks to a large number of infrared beam internal reflections, the sensitivity of these sensors is greater than conventional ATR.